The bicycle in the spotlight is an Eddy Merckx Corsa as used in 1991 by the professional team Weinmann-Eddy Merckx, but the Corsa Extra model. The Corsa is assembled with Columbus SL tubes, in contrast to the Corsa Extra, which is assembled with Columbus SLX tubes, the top product at the time.
In 1991, the bicycle brand Eddy Merckx was co-sponsor of the Weinmann team for which Thomas Wegmuller, Wilfried Nelissen, Rolf Jarman, Peter Farazijn and Carlo Bomans, among others, rode. The colors are typical for the team and every collector of Eddy Merckx bicycles recognizes this model from afar.
This Eddy Merckx Corsa is mounted with a Campagnolo Athena group 1st generation, released in 1988.
Also note the pantographed stem!
- frame: constructed with Columbus SL tubes and Campagnolo pads
- Shifters: Campagnolo Athena
- Brake calipers Campagnolo Athena
- Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Athena
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Athena
- Stem: 3ttt
- Headset: Campagnolo Athena
- Crankset: Campagnolo Athena
- Quick release: Campagnolo Athena
- Saddle: Vetta
- Seatpost: Campagnolo Athena
- Hubs Campagnolo Athena
- Rims: Galli Fiandre
Below you will find some more photos of the Eddy Merckx Corsa Team Eddy Merckx – Weinmann